Editor’s note: Sorry I haven’t posted in awhile, but life’s obligations seemed more important.
If Sen. Barack Obama can pull of a win in the election next Tuesday, I have some suggestions for his Dream Cabinet. Please note that this is my opinion and includes a little satire. Also, some of these postings, while also being good for the country, would play off of President Johnson’s philosophy of “I’d rather have them in my tent pissing out than outside pissing in.” Additionally, some of these aren’t actual cabinet positions, but instead are administrative appointments.
- Secretary of Defense: General Colin Powell (duh!)
- Secretary of the Treasury: Dave Ramsey (yes, THAT Dave Ramsey!)
- National Security Advisor: Sen. John McCain (a perfect post for him)
- Secretary of State: Sen. Hillary Clinton
- Administrator of the Small Business Administration: Gov. Mitt Romney
- Chairmain of the SEC: Warren Buffett (the “Conscience of Wall Street”)
- Secretary of Veterans Affairs: Rep. John Murtha (yes, he’s said some dumb things, but this is a good post for him)
- Chairman of the U.S. Election Assistance Commission: Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.
- Attorney General: Sen. Fred Thompson (oh, why the hell not! He plays a great D.A. on TV.)
This is a work in progress and will be updated as I think of more